General Enrollment Steps:
- Call or email to check for space availability AND/OR go right to step 2 below.
- Mail or attach and scan in a completed copy of the Registration Forms and Schedule worksheet found below, along with any current relevant reports and communication IEP goals. We want to see information that you feel will help us to get to know your student.
- Expect to be contacted without delay to discuss a 'Meet & Greet' appointment* to help determine a group match/placement for your child. The fee for this informal, face to face intake evaluation is $95. Unless a group match is found within 8 weeks, the meeting fee guarantees that your child's name will be kept on our working wait list for one year.
A Note About Individual Sessions: In the event a group match is not immediately available for your student, individual sessions are strongly encouraged. A great deal can be addressed (and in many cases addressed more appropriately) during one on one time. Please do not assume that "social" can only be taught in a group,
How therapy groups are organized:
- During the school year, social groups will begin in late August to early September and run through early to mid June. Summer programs run late June through mid August. Check the website postings.
- Social Groups are carefully arranged according to student match regarding social, cognitive and behavioral ability as well as chronological age and fill up quickly. Size is limited to 2-4 students. These after school sessions are 60 minutes in length. The first 45 minutes are for direct instruction with students and the final 10-15 minutes are spent in parent/caregiver consult. Carry-over assignments and activities are offered during the parents' time and are an important link to improving social competence in every day situations.
- 24 hour notice is appreciated if your child will be missing a session.
- Families will be allowed 1 absence per school year or summer session for any reason; beyond this, charges will apply to missed sessions.
- Make-up sessions are available on a limited basis - please check with your therapist.
- Continuing students do not need to repeat an intake assessment.
- Individual sessions for speech/language therapy are scheduled on a month by month basis, usually once per week for 60 minutes.
Thank you for understanding that scheduling well-matched groups across family schedules and cities is extremely challenging. The integrity of each group is dependent on information provided about day and time availability prior to participation in group and then each student's presence for the others throughout a semester once a group has begun.
Drop outs for seasonal sports or other commitments result in an unsatisfactory experience for all the participants. Families are expected to make every effort to attend all sessions for a semester of enrollment. This is particularly true for those seen in small groups of two students!
Again ~ thank you in advance for consideration of these factors.
- For a detailed description of our therapeutic and diagnostic rates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. As operating costs increase, session fees increase. Any changes in fee schedule are determined prior to the fall semester.
- Families are invoiced during the first week of the month for the preceding month's therapy sessions. Beyond the absence allowed for any reason per school year (fall-spring) or summer program (June through August), all scheduled sessions will be invoiced. Accounts overdue in excess of six weeks without direct communication with this office are subject to submission to a collection agency.
- A deposit equal to the amount of two sessions is collected prior to enrollment in Strides, and will cover the last two sessions of therapy for the term.
- Parents and agencies wishing to contract for consultative and/or collaborative work in the areas of occupational therapy, behavioral intervention or other related services will be given referrals and the fee schedule of the individual provider(s). Social Strides does contract with school districts and will work collaboratively with ABA agencies to develop and co-monitor social and language programming implemented by behavioral teams.
- Workshop fees for regular education classmates are determined on a case by case basis and depend on the number of students/classes to be included and the overall number of visits arranged to the school site.
- Presentations for adults at schools or business sites are also available. $350 for events of up to 60 minutes in length. (2013/2014).